View Single Post
Old 18th March 2022, 08:33 PM   #6
milandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Reread what i wrote Milandro. The "gandar" of the sheath is the stem piece as i have correctly noted, where the Dwi Rho motif is situated. The "gambar" is the "boat" aspect of the wrongko. It was that part of the sheath that i called the "gambar" in my post.
When we see figures or faces in pamor patterns these are generally unplanned events and considered to be talismanic and powerful because they are "Acts of God". It is called pamor Raja Guntala. These pamors can have different significances dependent upon what they seem to depict. Never heard of them being used to predict the future though.
thank you for the correction, , I will add it to my lexicon. I though it was something like Warangka-Wrongko thing.

I did'n mean to say that there was any “ divination “ associated to the Indonesian symbolism but that in general in many cultures in the world, people look at “ shapes ” in things and attribute a meaning to that whether propitiatory, apotropaic or in some cases divinatory but I didn’t refer specifically to this happening in Indonesia.
milandro is offline   Reply With Quote