Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th November 2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Antonio Cejunior

Default HOS revisited

Hi everyone,

Have done something here for another purpose, but since many of you contributed generously, I thought I would share this .

I'm not sure if it is the right place. If not... Moderators please do move this to the adequate space.

Thanks
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 05:02 AM   #2
VANDOO
(deceased)

Thumbs up

I ENJOYED THAT, WISH I COULD HAVE MADE IT TO THE EXHIBIT IT LOOKES FIRST RATE. I WISH I COULD PUT THE VIDEO IN SLOW MOTION OR FREEZE FRAME , AS IT IS KIND OF LIKE GOING THRU THE EXHIBIT AT A FULL RUN
HOPEFULLY YOU CAN PULL OFF ANOTHER SUCH EXHIBIT SOME DAY AND PERHAPS IT COULD TOUR TO OTHER MUSEUMS AROUND THE WORLD. IT IS EASY FOR ME TO THINK UP SUCH A PLAN NEVER HAVING TO DO THE HARD WORK TO MAKE IT HAPPEN AS YOU HAVE THANKS ANTONIO
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 05:12 AM   #3
Antonio Cejunior

Thanks my friend

I was trying to find out how to figure the whole thing.
My son is the one who is the movie maker. He will be graduating in June 2008 with a Master's degree from film making.
I am still learning how to use windows movie maker
It took me over a year to convince the Museum. Anyway we all made it a world first and you have the book to remember your own generosity.
I'm affraid very few Museums have the facilities and premises we have, actually. No bs, it is true.

Anyway it takes a lot of patience to convince and pull another one, but there's someone already trying to do this in the US. I cannot tell more.

But it seems it was much easier here
Anyway, it was a kind of back to memory lane. What a wonderful fight we all had to put it all up

Bless you
Old 30th November 2007, 06:41 AM   #4
kahnjar1

Smile Thanks Antonio

Once again a big THANKYOU. A perfect suppliment to that wonderful catalogue you were involved in producing.
I echo the wishes of others here, that we could have witnessed the Exhibition first hand, and that one day a similar display could tour the world.
Warmest Regards,
Stuart
New Zealand
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 06:48 AM   #5
Antonio Cejunior

Hi Stuart,

How would I have known it was you with the nickname?
Many thanks for your kind words my friend.
I think touring the world would need a lot of volunteering. Each country Museums would have to me prompted by the website and this video show and then a lot would have to be made to convince them. They're not easy you know?

Warmest regards to you too
Old 30th November 2007, 11:41 AM   #6
VANDOO
(deceased)

I USED TO SEE QUITE A FEW BIG INTERNATIONAL TRAVELING EXHIBITS AT THE MUSEUM OF ARTS IN HOUSTON TEXAS. THE MAJORITY OF THESE WERE SPONSERED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE COUNTRY IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE NATIONAL MUSEUM. CHINA HAS SENT SEVERAL THAT I SAW AND SO HAS THE SOVIET UNION AND OF COURSE EGYPT. THESE WERE DONE BECAUSE OF THE MONEY TO BE MADE WHICH IS ALWAYS THE BOTTOM LINE AND MOST ALL OF THE ITEMS WERE FROM VARIOUS MUSEUMS AND THE PROPERTY OF THE STATE. PERU HAS ALSO SENT AT LEAST TWO SMALLER EXHIBITS I HAVE SEEN, THE LAST BEING MACHU PICHU.

SOME OF THE SMALLER MUSEUMS HAVE HAD SMALLER TRAVELING EXHIBITS BUT THE ONES I HAVE SEEN HAVE BEEN MOSTLY MADE UP OF THEIR ITEMS. THE ONLY TWO I HAVE SEEN DEALING WITH ARMS AND ARMOR WERE WHITNEY HISTORICAL MUSEUM 1993 "FROM STONE TO STEEL" WEAPONS FROM THE PHILIPPINES GOING FROM STONE TO MOSTLY STEEL SMALL BUT A WIDE RANGE AND SOME VERY NICE ITEMS. THE OTHER WAS AT THE HOUSTON ART MUSEUM "THE ARMORY OF GRATZ AUSTRIA" IT WAS A SIZABLE EXHIBIT AND WELL DONE ALSO.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT DOING SUCH AN EXHIBIT WOULD BE BUT YOU WOULD NEED SERIOUS BACKING OF MONEY , MUSEUMS AND GOVERNMENTS

I IMAGINE THE LARGER MUSEMS WHO DO SUCH EXHIBITS REGULARLY COULD GIVE ONE SOME IDEA OF WHAT IT TAKES AND WHAT PITFALLS TO AVOID. OF COURSE WE CAN ALWAYS GO TO TIMONIUM, THERE WAS A NICE LITTLE EXHIBIT BY OUR GROUP THERE LAST YEAR.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote