Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Swap Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th September 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
ErnestoJuan

Dear Andrew,

" To me, "forgery" only comes into play if a reproduction is held out as an original antique. Sandeep has been candid about what he's doing."

I agree that he is clear about his economics. However, I wonder if the "antique reproduction" objects created by Sandeep do the same thing? Meaning, do the objects that he and his crew produce truly state that the object is a reproduction?

To simplify, are these objects marked as being fake, not the real antique thing?

I bet they are not. Therefore in my humble opinion objects as Sandeep's "antique reproductions" are the nightmares of all collectors. Unless the objects are marked as being a reproduction (should be a simple stamp on the blade or what?). Dear Sandeep, do you mark that your objects are in fact reproductions?

I do not directly accuse Sandeep of forgery though if he does not clearly mark his produce as being "a repoduction" his produce are a pest for us collectors.

Kind regards,

Ernst.
ErnestoJuan is offline   Reply With Quote