Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > European Armoury

Old 11th July 2017, 09:57 AM   #1
SteveL

Default Buying Knives from Spain

Greetings -----

Spain has some of my favorite daggers and Navajas - but Ive had an absolutely terrible time getting most todocoleccion dealers there to mail me anything to here in the states. I just spent 10 days there two weeks ago and spent time in Albacete, Valencia and Madrid - and had zero trouble bringing back 4 daggers.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of work around or collector/buyer/agent I can work through?

Thanks in advance....

Steve
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Richard W

I have purchased a number of very nice Spanish knives online, never had a problem getting them shipped to the USA. Usually cheaper in the long run with the strong dollar. Many sites online. Arcos espana... I really don't remember the sites offhand, sorry. I have ordered from at least 3 vendors. I will say that I was disappointed when I was in Spain and the shop-owner didn't want to mail me a knife, said too many regulations. Lost that sale. Easier online, plus about $30.00 shipping Fed Ex. I find Spanish knives to be a great value and have wonderful Arabic inspiration. Italian similar knives are three times the price; though perhaps, in some cases, more perfect. Good luck.
Richard W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 06:59 AM   #3
SteveL

I love Spain......my favorite country in Europe. I picked up an extremely fine--and verg rare---early 18th century Almarada Dagger, decommisioned from the Albacete museum on my last trip. I can never seem to bring back enough Spanish wine either or dried meats either.

I have one Spanish friend from Madrid who will mail me knives/daggers but he is in the Philippines for the next 90 days. He wraps them in tinfoil and writes " objeto artesanal decorativo " on the customs form. Never had a single probkem with correos.

Anyways.....I'd like to find a spanish dealer who could help me as I hate to have to make a trip over there everg time I want to purcgase a knife.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:12 PM   #4
corrado26

when your passion for collecting Spanish daggers is so strong why not think about moving to Europe. This minimizes the problems with buying and sending daggers a lot.
corrado26

Last edited by fernando; 23rd July 2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Watch it corrado ... you came close to a penalty.
corrado26 is offline   Reply With Quote