Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi

Old 11th January 2021, 10:39 AM   #61
Mickey the Finn

Default To: All

Please, do not drink any vodka, or any other alcoholic beverage. Alcohol is very insidious in it's influence and deleterious in it's effect. It is a poisonous substance.
I was essentially agreeing (in an unnecessarily convoluted manner) with A.G. Maisey's posts at 28th August 2008 02:25 AM and 28th August 2008 01:19 PM.
Mickey the Finn
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2021, 02:49 PM   #62
Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey the Finn
Please, do not drink any vodka, or any other alcoholic beverage.
Too late, cheers, hic!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2021, 07:38 PM   #63
A. G. Maisey

Excellent advice Mickey.

But I probably wrote those posts whilst drinking shiraz --- I normally drink either shiraz or coffee while I'm in front of the computer.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 01:44 AM   #64
David
Keris forum moderator

Please gentlemen. How about a fine single malt.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 03:04 AM   #65
Rick
Vikingsword Staff

Wink

The drink of my Forefathers.
Rum.
Arr
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 04:52 AM   #66
Interested Party

mezcal
Interested Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2021, 07:18 AM   #67
A. G. Maisey

David, if you really need to drink that fuisce stuff I sincerely recommend that your next bottle be Tullamore Dew.
Old 13th January 2021, 02:37 AM   #68
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
David, if you really need to drink that fuisce stuff I sincerely recommend that your next bottle be Tullamore Dew.
Aye, it's a nice Irish indeed, but i still prefer a smokey Islay single malt every time. Still wouldn't turn down a wee bit o' Tully though.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 02:19 PM   #69
Mickey the Finn

In the province of Canada in which I currently reside, the provincial government's Liquor Distribution Branch distributes alcohol and cannabis products, and sells them at Provincial government operated"liquor stores" and "cannabis stores". [I never thought I'd see the day when I could walk into a government dope shop, or when a mask or face covering would be required to enter a liquor store]. Privately run "cold beer and wine stores" (which also sell hard liquor, cider, fortified wine, etc.) and "dispensaries" (selling a mind boggling variety of cannabis products) also operate, but with higher prices.
The "sticker price" at provincial government operated liquor stores usually also displays the cost-per-millilitre (in a microscopic font size below the "item/ unit price", and this (cost-per-millilitre) is most often the main factor that decides which beer I'll buy. Other factors (in addition to price) guide my choice in wine, rum, tequila and whisky, which I drink much less frequently.
It's been my habit for the past couple of years or so to not miss a single day's drinking, and I'm usually inebriated to some degree whenever I'm at my computer. These days I no longer drink anything except alcohol while online, though in the past it was usually lapsang souchong with honey, or coffee with cardamom (coffee à la al-Qaddafi).
If I lean over and reach out with my left hand (I'm right-handed, but in my current position, they're over my left shoulder) , most of my favourite keris are within reach. It's always been my custom (for various reasons) to not so much as brush my hand against a singep if I'm the least bit under the influence of alcohol (and I don't use cannabis at all). I'd no sooner handle a keris while I'm buzzed than I would show up tipsy at the funeral of one of my Grandparents or Godparents (they are all deceased). For myself, this just goes without saying, and it goes without anyone ever having said it.
Certain things are just not done, and if anyone needs to ask, "Why not"? I doubt that I'd be able to give an answer which they or I would be satisfied with.
Sincerely and Respectfully,
Mickey the Finn
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2021, 04:03 AM   #70
A. G. Maisey

Kertanegara.
Old 16th January 2021, 01:29 PM   #71
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Kertanegara.