Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th April 2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Yannis

Talking UK law solution

Dear British collectors

You break the law holding these swords with curved blades over 50cm in your house and you may be punished for this!

Turn yourself to legal path again. Just offer me your nice yataghans, shamshirs and kilijs in a good price and stay out of prison!

Seriously
Yannis

P.S. I am sure that some other people in this forum can help you with tulvars, dhas and other curved blades

Yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 09:08 AM   #2
pakana

Hey Gianni,

You mean to keep all the shamshirs, yatagans for your self.Here in Athens we want some part of those collections too!!Not all the weapons to be kept in Crete!! .So, here in Greece, we want to help you all you guys with the nice collections, to be free again with your future problems with the law

george
pakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 09:44 AM   #3
kronckew

so sorry, it is now illegal for us to sell, loan, transfer, ship, take them out of the house, look at them, or have any contact whatsoever as we may corrupt the morals of anyone in the vicinity with our 50cm+ curved self propelled intelligent steel items. after all they are cruelly capable of inducing others to crimes, and that in spite of the fact it was illegal to publicly carry any fixed bladed weapon prior to today anyway. it is however legal for us to possess the ones we already have as long as they are hidden from the poor scared sheeple.

so we are unable to take advantage of your kind offer.

i am sure we can however offer a virtual adoption, just send the equivalent value in euros to me and i will send you pictures of them residing in my home where they will stay forever. i can supply a pretty paper certificate of adoption for an extra fee. the benefit is of course that more than one person can adopt the same item.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 07:55 AM   #4
Yannis

Dear moderators

As you moved my thread from swap forum to general discussion you destroyed my opportunity to get cheap these illegal swords from the British hands. I suspect this is your plan to get them for yourself
Old 7th April 2008, 12:03 PM   #5
asomotif

Default Adoptasword

Nice one, adoptasword.

This will save a lot on shippingcosts and customscharges.
Just leave the blade where it is and send pictures to the new foster parent

It will be the end of this forum, as picture can no longer be freely published without permission of the foster parents...

Ps. wouldn't it be a solution to forge and bend all these curved blades into straight ones. A bit of a Solomons judgement
asomotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 12:11 PM   #6
kronckew

i am sure that for a small fee we can find a cutting torch to lop a few inches off the ends, thus making them legal again.

30 in. sword blade? we'll send you back two 15" bits. problem solved.

for another small fee we can beat your swords into plowshares.

as someone said - "those who beat their swords into plowshares wil be plowing for those who don't."

Quote:
Originally Posted by asomotif
It will be the end of this forum, as picture can no longer be freely published without permission of the foster parents...
we honour the copyright on photos now, so it should not be a problem, as now, with the ronco/acme adoptasword program, the adoptive parent can supply photos.

Last edited by kronckew; 7th April 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 7th April 2008, 03:28 PM   #7
kronckew

i think we are on to something here.

no more messy oiling or renaissance waxing.

no more storage problems, the wife, kids and dog can move back in from the garage. for an extra fee you can have your collection virually hosted in a bavarian castle complete with a virtual armed guard security system to prevent cyber kidnapping of your babies.

no more hassle with the neighbours about them melon cutting experiments.

no more visits from ATFS (alcohol, tobacco, firearms and swords dept) agents (also known as revenooers where i come from) and thus no more havin' to find places to bury the extra bodies.

remember that $5,000,000 Nappy Bonyparts sabre you never had a chance to own? now you can adopt it, along with others, for a fraction of the cost. a big fraction of course, but that's business. digital camera film and on-line certificates are costly......
Old 7th April 2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Mark

Moi? Never crossed my mind. I would be happy to hold any dha in trust against the dha that this law is repealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannis
Dear moderators

As you moved my thread from swap forum to general discussion you destroyed my opportunity to get cheap these illegal swords from the British hands. I suspect this is your plan to get them for yourself
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 08:18 PM   #9
Yannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew
no more visits from ATFS (alcohol, tobacco, firearms and swords dept) agents

Well, Greece can be a sword heaven were you can leave your swords and enjoy the 4 S: Sea, Sun, Sex AND Swords, for a small fee. Just a nice yataghan for any shamshir.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:51 PM   #10
spiral

Some of the best virtual kukris in the known world can be on you new flat screen vista moniter for budget prices! cared & looked after in the manner you desire!

Want a tree felled, or a beef carcas delimbed? or beheaded? all availible at negtionable rates.

Contact now! special offer ! This week only!

Spiral
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 02:53 PM   #11
asomotif

Default Nightmare

I had a nightmare...
about a shamshir sword that came in shortened till 50 cms.
An somebody also tried to straigthen the sword causing is to bend all ways

I hope this night I will sleep better an dream of the all new cybercollecting
asomotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 04:53 AM   #12
VANDOO
(deceased)

Smile

ARRRR AND AVAST!!! DUE TO HIGH PRICES AND LOW RETIREMENT INCOME I WAS FORCED TO TURN TO CYBER PIRACY SOME TIME AGO. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING PICTURES FOR MY HORDE OF FILES FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW. SO YO HO PREPARE TO BE BOARDED . IN FUTURE I MAY HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR THE VIRTUAL FLEET SEARCHING FOR PIRATES SUCH AS MYSELF.
VANDOO is offline   Reply With Quote