Old 7th June 2012, 05:52 PM   #31
Cerjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
It is offered extremely cheap here:

http://www.booklooker.de/B%FCcher/M%...2a4071dde478bc

I also found this Wikipedia article on zishagges:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capeline

They are considered to have replaced the older type of Mantelheme in the course of the Thirty Years War.

m
you are really to good with me again thank you !
I sould buy this helmet tomorow I will let you know

Cerjak
Cerjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 07:54 PM   #32
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

I would if I were you!

I wish you good luck and all the best!

m
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Cerjak

Default German cuirassier helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
I would if I were you!

I wish you good luck and all the best!

m
Hi Michael

I just receive the helmet and I post much more better pics in a new thread.
Condition his really great.( no missed part ,no restauration)

Regards

Cerjak
Old 16th June 2012, 05:53 PM   #34
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

Congratulations, Cerjak,

Well done!

I noticed you bought it when reading

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15711

Best,
Michael
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 04:52 PM   #35
ulfberth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerjak
Hi everybody,
I urgently need an opinion on this NORTHERN EUROPEAN HELMET ZISCHAGGE said to be from the 17 TH Century, as i don’t have any knowledge in this kind of helmets. I ‘m sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, they were taken with my cellphone. I will be very happy to have some opinions and to be informed in the case that this helmet has something suspicious, for example the Nasal protection or Ear plates ….
I hope I will have some advice about this helmet.
Regards

Cerjak
Hello Cerjak,

Do you still have this lobster tail helmet ?
It is one of the nicest I have ever seen!
Kind regards
Ulfberth
ulfberth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 09:29 AM   #36
Cerjak

Hi ulfberth,

Yes of course this helmet is still in my collection and will stay for long time.
You are right ,I have seen many zishagges but never from this quality.
As previously wrote this helmet is very heavy ( two times more than the common zishagges and also still his original black varnish .
Also his size seems bigger than other exemplar.
The only picture I have found is from an french auction house and it seems that it is the same helmet.
also the second helmet showed in my thread is not anymore in my collection : I have send it back to the seller because it was not an original but only a good reproduction ,and such copy are regularly offered in auctions so it ‘s why I would like to warn all the members to be very suspicious about such type of helmet.
best
Cerjak
Attached Images

Old 16th January 2016, 09:12 PM   #37
theswordcollector

Default England

Hello ,
In my opinion this is a modern copy that is made in England I have been burned on a similar example from Nottingham England from a E bay seller over 20 years ago. They make these helmets to current day. I am 100% sure this is a 20th century modern copy. I had the same rivets on my helmet also .
theswordcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 09:25 PM   #38
theswordcollector

Default NORTHERN EUROPEAN HELMET ZISCHAGGE

Hello ,
In my professional opinion this is a modern copy that is made in England. I naively due to bad photos was burned on a similar example sold from Nottingham England from an E bay seller over 20 + years ago to the tune of $2000 . They make these helmets to current day. I am 100% sure this is a late 20th century modern copy. I had the same rivets on my helmet , nasal bar and leather exactly .I don't care what any so called experts say or references of fake helmets sold by reputable people and auctions , this helmet is modern for sure. It would be nice to see some knowledgeable people on this forum who actually own real objects rather than all the google experts that contribute b.s. info.
theswordcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 10:35 AM   #39
ulfberth

Hello Swordcollector,

do you still have pictures of yours, or pictures of similar ones ?

kind regards

Ulfberth
ulfberth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 07:47 PM   #40
Cerjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswordcollector
Hello ,
In my professional opinion this is a modern copy that is made in England. I naively due to bad photos was burned on a similar example sold from Nottingham England from an E bay seller over 20 + years ago to the tune of $2000 . They make these helmets to current day. I am 100% sure this is a late 20th century modern copy. I had the same rivets on my helmet , nasal bar and leather exactly .I don't care what any so called experts say or references of fake helmets sold by reputable people and auctions , this helmet is modern for sure. It would be nice to see some knowledgeable people on this forum who actually own real objects rather than all the google experts that contribute b.s. info.
Luther,

First of all , I don’t know what is it a professional opinion. In the forum most of the member are collector with a high interest in arms and armor and also few members with a real scholar knowledge but no one his professional collector !
I post again the pictures from my helmet to be sure that we speak about the same helmet !
I bought this helmet 4 years ago from auction and in this time I have ask advices to Mikael (matchlock ) before to buy. This helmet had been catalogued With an estimated value ( 2 -3 times more than a standard ZISCHAGGE because of its high quality and also its very good condition.
This helmet is not only 100 % from period but it is also a beautiful ( only the leather attachment cheek piece are later replacement ) and a quite rare helmet classified as Austrian, army of Eugene of Savoy.
Also when you have it in hand you can see some details like this inimitable trace of arsenal paint
I have seen many ZISCHAGGE but rarely from this quality and never the same exemplar.
At last this helmet been authenticated as” late 16 th century or early 17 th officer capeline” during the auction by Jean- Claude Dey (French expert on arm and armor ) with only one observation about the later replacement on the cheek piece leather attachments .
So I can’t agree your opinion and also would like to see your pictures from your helmet.
Attached Images