Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th November 2011, 03:50 PM   #1
trenchwarfare

Default Paltik Photos Needed

Hi guys. I haven't posted here in quite some time. Got frustrated, cuz I wasn't able to post pictures. I am awaiting the arival of a Filippino muzzle loader. I need a good picture of the hammer area. The one coming may have a missing part. I can duplicate it, with a clear photo. It is nearly identical to the gun in this photo. It has a centrally mounted hammer. Any assistance is much appreciated. Would also like to see anyones guns from Southeast Asia, or Pacific Rim. Will try not to make a stranger of myself. I can be of assistance on Japanese military edged weapons, and somewhat Tanegashima. (Matchlocks) Regards, M.P.
Attached Images

trenchwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 01:47 AM   #2
trenchwarfare

Somebody... anybody... nothing? No one here collects, or has images of Paltik weapons? Well, here is the gun in question. The only other one I've seen, is the one in the photo. I need a detail of the hammer, so I can recreate the hammer spur. Very interesting, and impressive weapon.
Attached Images

Old 14th November 2011, 05:33 AM   #3
trenchwarfare

Looks like there's no interest here. Anyone know a website, where I might find information/photos for Paltik guns of the Insurrection-WWII era?
Old 14th November 2011, 05:58 AM   #4
kahnjar1

As you are no doubt aware, the term "Paltik" is a Fillipino word meaning "home made gun". Therefore the hammer spur you are trying to match could in fact be almost any shape to suit. There are quite a number of links if you care to GOOGLE the word.
Regards Stu
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 10:58 PM   #5
trenchwarfare

I have googled the word, over and over. All I come up with, are links to this forum, a few references to the "Insurrection", and the rest are links about currently made assault type "paltiks", and the laws against them. I am no novice to research. I came here, because in the past any questions asked about ethnographic guns were answered quickly, and photographically. And yes. I know that just about any hammer spur style will work. I intend to make one as stop-gap, til I find a photo. Thank you for your time, and assistance. M.P.
Old 15th November 2011, 01:40 AM   #6
kahnjar1

I sense extreme frustration in your reply, but information can only be imparted if it is there in the first place. I'm sure that we all have, from time to time, received what we perceive as inadequate replies to our posts. It must be remembered that we all have different interests and that the knowledge or reply we seek may not always be forthcoming.
Good luck in your endeavours.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:28 PM   #7
trenchwarfare

All fixed now. Just need to get a proper patina going. Sorry for the crappy photos.
Attached Images

Old 17th November 2011, 04:23 AM   #8
kahnjar1

Thumbs up

Looks good