Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Classifieds > Keris Swap Forum

Old 29th June 2014, 06:47 PM   #1
David
Keris forum moderator

Default TAMMENS De Kris Vol. 1 & 3 GREAT PRICE!

I have a great deal for anyone seeking these two volumes of Tammens' De Kris: Magic Relic of Old Indonesia. These books are out-of-print and somewhat rare and generally sell for over $100 [B]per volume[/B].
[B]Volume 1[/B] has certainly seen some hard usage. You will see that there is extensive wear to both the edge and binding. I can assure you though that it is in solid condition as the binding has been professionally re-enforced by my wife who is a book conservation technician at the Cincinnati Public Library. Not pretty on the outside, but it is fully intact and the interior pages are clean and not at all damaged. All the full color images that were originally pasted into the books are also intact (if you have not seen these volumes before this may look strange, but this was the way these volumes were originally produced).
[B]Volume 3[/B] is in very good, very clean condition with fully intact original binding. As the photos will show there is a little bit of bending to the upper right-hand corner pages, but otherwise it is in fine shape.
I would prefer to sell these to a buyer in the States as i am not interested in dealing with PayPal or messing with currency exchange, but i am open to suggestions from out of country buyers who may have a solution to that problem.
These volumes have writing in both Dutch and English. Most photographs are B&W, but both books have a limited number of color photo inserts. Volume 1 deals mostly with basics and dhapur descriptions, cataloging a great number of blades and their dress forms. [B]Volume 3[/B] deals mostly with hilt forms.
I am sorry, but i do not have a copy of Volume 2 for sale. That was the reason i ended up with these extra copies in thhe first place as i bought an entire set just to obtain Volume 2 for my own library.
Volume 1 - [B]$35.00[/B]
Volume 3 - [B]$60.00[/B]
Special savings for [B]BOTH[/B] volumes - [B]$75.00[/B]
Shipping cost will be current rates per your choice of carrier.
Attached Images

David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 12:20 AM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

On Hold…
Old 3rd September 2014, 03:19 PM   #3
David
Keris forum moderator

Sorry folks, the books are officially sold at this point.