Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Keris Warung Kopi
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th January 2009, 06:47 PM   #1
erikscollectables

Default Restaining kris?

I hope this is within the rules of the forum.

It seems I have a few krisses that could come out nicely of a staining. I have no intention of doing this myself. Does anyone know where I can have this done with a good quality?

Regards, Erik
erikscollectables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 06:58 PM   #2
David
Keris forum moderator

Well Erik, you do live in The Netherlands which is sorta the "Disneyland of Keris" outside of Indonesia.
I am not sure who can do the work for you there, but it seems extremely likely that someone near you can. I am sure one of you countrymen will contact you soon in a PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Sajen

Hi Eric, I don't know how is the quality, but I think there you also can get help: http://www.geocities.com/keris4u/
Regards,
sajen
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 09:33 PM   #4
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen
Hi Eric, I don't know how is the quality, but I think there you also can get help: http://www.geocities.com/keris4u/
Regards,
sajen
I don't think it is so much a question of quality as i am sure that Adni would do a fine job. But that would require Erik shipping all his keris to Singapore. It seems that there must be someone capable of doing this for him somewhere in The Netherlands were keris collecting has be going one for centuries.
I also think that it might be better to send your suggestion directly to Erik via PM unless someone is offing him a free service.
Old 15th January 2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Alam Shah

For those in Singapore, if your blade is worth the effort, I'll do it for free. Especially now, during the Muslim month of Muharram, where for a few of us, we find it is a good time to service our keris blades.
Alam Shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 10:26 PM   #6
David
Keris forum moderator

That's great to know Shahrial, and a wonderful service to offer. Too bad i live half way around the world or i might take you up on the offer.
Of course, there is something to be said for learning to do it yourself and in many ways i quite enjoy the experience even when my results have been less than perfect. Though at least i can say that i have always left a keris looking better than i found it.
Old 16th January 2009, 03:57 PM   #7
erikscollectables

Many thanks for the kind offer Alam Shah!
Will first look for someone in the Netherlands though who might be able to do this for me!

Regards, Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alam Shah
For those in Singapore, if your blade is worth the effort, I'll do it for free. Especially now, during the Muslim month of Muharram, where for a few of us, we find it is a good time to service our keris blades.
erikscollectables is offline   Reply With Quote