Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Go Back   Ethnographic Arms & Armour > Discussion Forums > Ethnographic Weapons
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st September 2023, 01:49 PM   #1
Gregory128

Default Unidentified Kukris

Hi all,
I've recently purchased the following two kukri's and I'm having trouble identifying the these examples because of the plethora of information about which can be slightly overwhelming. The black handled example shares strong similarities with the Mk2 Kukri but with some slight variations, I therefore believe it to be a private purchase example due to the absence of any markings, dating to the early/mid 20th century.

The white horn handled example is definitely the most interesting as it looks to be locally produced and is named to a RFM Osborne. The scabbard looks traditional and not military issue so I reckon its a presentation kukri/private purchase. I reckon RFM stands for Rifleman but the name Osborne is definitely not Gurkali so can anyone shed any light to its provenance?

Yours Sincerely, Gregory.

Gregory128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2023, 01:56 AM   #2
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Gregory,

You pictures are not showing. Are you having trouble posting attachments? Please read the sticky at the top of the Ethno Forum index page.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kukri gurkha knife