View Single Post
Old 17th January 2016, 07:47 PM   #40
Cerjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswordcollector
Hello ,
In my professional opinion this is a modern copy that is made in England. I naively due to bad photos was burned on a similar example sold from Nottingham England from an E bay seller over 20 + years ago to the tune of $2000 . They make these helmets to current day. I am 100% sure this is a late 20th century modern copy. I had the same rivets on my helmet , nasal bar and leather exactly .I don't care what any so called experts say or references of fake helmets sold by reputable people and auctions , this helmet is modern for sure. It would be nice to see some knowledgeable people on this forum who actually own real objects rather than all the google experts that contribute b.s. info.
Luther,

First of all , I don’t know what is it a professional opinion. In the forum most of the member are collector with a high interest in arms and armor and also few members with a real scholar knowledge but no one his professional collector !
I post again the pictures from my helmet to be sure that we speak about the same helmet !
I bought this helmet 4 years ago from auction and in this time I have ask advices to Mikael (matchlock ) before to buy. This helmet had been catalogued With an estimated value ( 2 -3 times more than a standard ZISCHAGGE because of its high quality and also its very good condition.
This helmet is not only 100 % from period but it is also a beautiful ( only the leather attachment cheek piece are later replacement ) and a quite rare helmet classified as Austrian, army of Eugene of Savoy.
Also when you have it in hand you can see some details like this inimitable trace of arsenal paint
I have seen many ZISCHAGGE but rarely from this quality and never the same exemplar.
At last this helmet been authenticated as” late 16 th century or early 17 th officer capeline” during the auction by Jean- Claude Dey (French expert on arm and armor ) with only one observation about the later replacement on the cheek piece leather attachments .
So I can’t agree your opinion and also would like to see your pictures from your helmet.
Attached Images

Cerjak is offline   Reply With Quote