View Single Post
Old 18th July 2006, 05:35 PM   #18
Valjhun

Question

YES!

I've managed to buy it actually. I was a bit sceptic, but today I visited my friend and I persuaded him to sell me the sword. I fallen in love with the sword in the right moment I've took it in my hand. WHAT A MASTERPIECE! It's balance is terrific and (well I'm a little bit ashamed of telling you that ) it gives you a sense an incredible sense of power holding it!!!! I handled a lot of tulwars and even similar size teghas, but I can assure you that noone was so balanced and of such gorgeus feeling about it. You can make a deadly slash with it.

Constructed of very fine laminated steel (maybe wootz), that the photos doesn't make justice.

Not so bad, even with its notch. The points are very flexible an they wont bed or broke off I guess, even in the heat of the combat. Somewhere I've read that Hindus predileged holy forms on their weapons over a pratical use. Is that the case?

There is a photo of one quite similar in the Jaiwants' book on page 62, where it is defined as SAPOLA or PAHARI SWORD, HIMICAL OR UTTAR PRADESH, 16th century A.D. What does that mean?

Further what is the meaning of thoose flowers?

Last edited by Valjhun; 18th July 2006 at 05:57 PM.
Valjhun is offline   Reply With Quote