Thread: OLD BARUNG 2
View Single Post
Old 24th August 2020, 09:51 AM   #4
tanaruz

Default old barung 2

Hello,

My grandfather was with the USAFFE during WW2. And his last post was in Mindanao.

he started collecting blades right after the war ended (moro and japanese). some of these blades were given to him as gifts from friends and grateful individuals whom he helped during the war. Some as mementos from the war.

since we stayed in zamboanga city, there were a lot of locals selling and 'pawning' these blades (more often ended eventually in selling them.

when he passed on, I continued his passion (which became mine too). And I have expanded my interest on lumad blades. Assigned in mindanao as a medical rep - I was able to collect additional beautiful pieces. It was 2 years ago that I have started collecting Northern Luzon and Visayan blades.

There are over 250+ blades now in the collection.

My plan is do make a coffee table book to share a father and son passion for collecting- and sharing it to those who passionately love blades.

Most of the collection is now in our family gallery in zamboanga city - which I plan, hopefully, to open its doors on people who would be passionately in love with blades.

The collection also features ethnic artifacts from luzon to mindanao.

kind regards,

Yves
tanaruz is offline   Reply With Quote