View Single Post
Old 26th March 2024, 03:34 AM   #4
Bob A

Dmitriy's book arrived at my house last week, after a remarkably rapid transit from the far side of the world. (I can recall waiting for over a month to receive a book from the area; this one arrived in less than 10 days, and Dmitriy followed it every step of the way and kept me notified!).

Of course, I then immediately succumbed to a combination of cold/flu/allergies, leaving me miserable. Still coming out from under.

Haven't printed the translation yet, and probably won't be able to for another couple weeks; my wife dragged my ailing carcass 400 miles to upstate NY, where we will celebrate Easter with some family, and linger for the Solar Eclipse, which is supposed to pass directly overhead.

Briefly, the book appears tp be a tour de force, with a cornucopia of truly beautiful pictures of weapons the like of which I'll never get to see in person, much less handle.

It includes copious historical information, and will be a tremendous reference for an area of study that has been rather more obscure than one would like.

A rousing Thank You to Dmitriy! and I'll provide more as my disease wanes and I return home to the text.
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote