View Single Post
Old 26th July 2019, 04:53 AM   #8
Rafngard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan Paladin
Yup Leif, they all came from the same seller. They were all initially grossly overpriced especially the gunong pair. I kept an eye on them as they were offered over and over in a gradually decreasing price until I found a reasonable price range and went for it. An ivory-hilt danganan kris was also offered by the same seller in the same batch but someone got to it first. The same kris was offered again by another seller recently but at more than 3 x the original selling price.

Hello Aslan,
Yes, I agree on the price. I was also watching these. Apparently you got to them first. Congrats!
I missed that the kris was being resold. I've noticed that Filippino, especially Moro items have increased significantly in price recently. I think some sellers are trying to capitalize on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan Paladin
By the way Leif, there was another small gunong offered by the seller. Did you get it?
If you're referring to the gunong I posted about in the below link, than yes. It would appear to be the only one of the batch that is not ivory. So it goes.

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24831

Have fun,
Leif
Rafngard is offline   Reply With Quote