View Single Post
Old 27th October 2010, 11:59 PM   #7
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Coleman
I too would like to thank you for reposting these pictures of this wonderful dagger. I usually copy photos of interest so I can use them as reference later but for some reason I either didn't copy these or some how lost or misplaced them if I did. Could you please answer a couple of questions on this for me? The first question is whether or not the wooden scabbard is painted or just of an extremely dark wood? The second is whether the fittings are of silver, nickel silver or silver plated copper or brass? The third is whether you own the beautiful piece of history or if it still belongs to your friend? Dimasalang has already ask my final question of who the General was who brought this dagger back . Again many thanks for reposting these pictures.

Robert
The scabbard is dark wood. Not painted.

The dagger is in my collection. He offered to sell the three pieces and I bought them. At the time I did not have a clue about the dagger. Thought it was something from Europe. I posted it on this Forum in 2004 when I got it and had several responses identifying it. Zelbone and Battara were right on target! At the time I had no knowledge of Philippine weapons.

The fittings do not seem to be plated. The chain may be plated. Don't know the nickel/silver content. I have stored it in a safe deposit box, will take a closer look when I am at the bank.

I put it there because I have had some strange to unpleasant emails demanding that I return the dagger to them, all of whom claim to be a direct descendant of Fullon.

I forgot the American general's name, but will ask my friend. These pieces were all he had from the PI. All the rest of the estate is sold.

I had originally agreed to give it to a PI friend, but we both agreed that it should go to a museum. I am in contact with a Moro Princess of the Buayan dynasty who is working to build a museum. She is well-known and I trust her. I would like to return the dagger to it's homeland. Should go to the Visayas, but Putri can have a section of her museum for other areas. It is part of PI heritage and should go home soon.

Here is my original post. I was using the name Vajrayana, 3/22/04

http://www.vikingsword.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002102.html

Re-reading the responses I am again impressed by the knowledge of the people on this Forum. I have learned much here! Very grateful!

Last edited by Bill M; 28th October 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote