View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 12:15 AM   #16
Gavin Nugent

Default Didn't see you sneak in there Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWORD
I have said this many times but you have to pay tuition to edge weapon collecting U. Tuition is paid in many fashions. First is through educating yourself through interaction with other collectors, reading as much reference material as you possibly can, and handling as many genuine and even fake items as possible. You don't earn a masters your first year of university. It takes time. We have all made purchases that we were disappointed with. But when you are seeking opinions from the fraternity never shoot the messenger. You gotta have thick skin when you are paying your tuition. Pay attention and you will not be disappointed as often. But when you are disappointed, learn from it. But what each of us can share with you is that it takes many years to develop an eye that just can't be explained in the books. Cheers Mate!
Too true Rick, I could have been a little more thick skinned as you say.
You are right too about tuition, and really in the end, it is only taking an in interest that really helps anyone learn and understand.

What has been said is all good, and years of manufacture have been pointed out as late 20th century but I ask all "Why can't it be a Kindjal made of Nickel Silver (Which it is) made in 1880", was the right of making Kindjals only reserved for those of exception metal working skills in the late 1800's? My inquisitive nature will always want to know why why why and see proof, otherwise it is speculation.

regards

Gav
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote