View Single Post
Old 4th August 2022, 08:28 PM   #54
gp

looks like some have also been smoking here what we knew as Black Afghan in the late 60ies and 70ies in Europe....and caused some nice dreams
I can advise when reading books to change to Carlos Castaneda "The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"....
But that does not answer the issue addressed sadly...

Jokes aside and let's be serious and get away from the "perhap"ses... or I believe or mix knowledge with assumptions or subjective interpretations. ..
as assumption are not facts.. but according to my CEO the mother of all f-beep- ups
Like the Stones sing... only my imagination that's runnin away wizz me....
Or.. you cant alway want wot you get...
But lets stick to facts and knowledge . (In this case the book referred to already by Mista M) which avoids also the bickering as addressed by uncle Ian.

Many here are from the West but when I sometimes read about f.i. explanation on Islamic items, unfortunately hardly facts come up but hearsay or "I think"...
Even saw the Nizari Isma'ili Shia founder and leader Hassan i Sabbah (the old Man on the Alamut Mountain!) being connected to Sunni and Sufi Bosnia.... And raki was not even involved.
We must carefully either refrain from commenting or seeks answers from or with real scolars

You can also easily address the al Azhar University in Cairo Egypt or the University of Sarajevo Bosnia ( Oriental Studies Institute Arabic, Turkish and Persian )
and gues wot.... not only two pearls of wisdom and knowledge but ...they speak & write English, French, German ... better than most of us

I said it before...but you can take a horse to the water but can't make it drink....

Last edited by gp; 4th August 2022 at 09:12 PM.
gp is offline   Reply With Quote