View Single Post
Old 21st July 2015, 10:28 PM   #11
spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcjgscott
Many thanks for this Spiral!
Thank you Chris! It seems important that people are not mislead by this kukri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
Spiral:

What Rick was referring to was the fact that you have inserted pictures into your threads that are links from Photobucket or other outside servers. All pictures need to be loaded here as attachments so that the actual files are stored and backed up on the EEWRS web site, and the threads can be restored correctly if there is a problem with our hosting site. Also, external links get broken (companies go out of business, links get changed, etc) and your excellent images disappear.

I know there are a lot of pictures here, but you need to upload them all as attachments or the Mods will take them down.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I think that's what I've done?

The pictures within the posts are from photobucket, so they appear at a decent size in the correct place.{which does help peoples comprehension.}

All of them I have also uploaded in the first post & in the repley to Rick{ after I had lost a few,} if you can check this please I would be grateful...

I am under the impression that a copy of evry picture I hosted on photo bucket is also hosted on this forum? so that they will never be lost? I thought that was what was wanted?

This seems to match the forum stipulated rules? As I have insured the archival durability lasts as long the text of the post?

If I am wrong please let me know, & I will try to adjust further.

Last edited by spiral; 21st July 2015 at 11:02 PM.
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote