View Single Post
Old 8th December 2022, 10:46 AM   #10
mahratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel View Post
Sorry to hear that your information about the history of Central Asia and The Great Game came only from Russian books.
Recommend Peter Hopkirk's "The Great Game", by far the best source. You might enjoy it: very detailed and fascinating analysis, reads like a thriller. Get it.
Till you read the above 3 books I withdraw from any further discussions of the subject. After that we can talk.
Are we done talking about politics? I am glad that you read not 2 books on the history of the region, but as many as 3. By the way, I cannot but agree with you. Hopkirk's book is really not bad. Although perhaps also a little biased. But this is normal, given that it was written by an English-speaking author I recommend that you still read Russian-speaking authors in order to be able to look at the historical processes in the region from two sides. Also, it will not be superfluous to get acquainted with the works of French and German researchers of the region. If you are interested in them, write to the PM and I will tell you their names.

However, let's get back to the subject by discussing this topic. Maybe you place in this topic photos of the Central Asian shamshirs that you spoke about at the beginning?
mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote