View Single Post
Old 25th July 2020, 10:45 PM   #13
Philip

Default more about trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Philip

Trigger: It could be as you mention above, especially if this lock is later than originally suspected. But I'm starting to think along the lines of Fernando K.
What if a single, vertical trigger was used, with a shape at the rear of the trigger that resembles a smallish pin that is half flat/half round and tapers to a cone like shape ? And aligns with the far rear tail piece of the spring bar. As the trigger is pulled back, the semi cone shaped piece moves upward gradually enlarging against the spring bar and eventually moving it inward.
In any case, it seems the little tail opening at the end of the spring bar is key to opening. Otherwise there would be no need for the little tail. See pic below...

Rick
You and I have the same idea. A half-cone (or a wedge) that moves up and separates the tail of the sear bar from the lockplate (and thus withdrawing the sear nose) would perform the same function.

My description includes a right-hand offset between this cone/wedge and the trigger itself just for dimensional compatibility between the position of the trigger (aligned to the central axis of the stock) and the inside of the lockplate (a bit to the right, near the top of the lock recess where the lockplate would sit).

Last edited by Philip; 26th July 2020 at 01:29 AM. Reason: clarify verbiage
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote