View Single Post
Old 24th July 2011, 11:27 AM   #11
Cuirassier

Arrow Subject rekindled?

Sorry to raise the dead (subject).

I have bought a kaskara with these same marks. It was a punt, outside my normal field of sword interest & knowledge. I have also now (I think) managed to secure / buy a copy of 1000 Blademaker Marks, which also lists these same marks as the one Stephen posted regarding the Sword of Raidera.

I hope I will get my copy of 1000 Blademaker Marks soon (I always fear those dreaded words "Sorry, I have already sold it and forgot to remove my advertisment / the listing").

In the mean time, does anyone have a copy / know the maker, date, details etc? I have posted images below. It is a strange looking beast but I think the kaskara was built that way as the pommel also has the Abyssinian? lion on it. Any information you could share would be appreciated.

Bom dia from Portugal
I actually live opposite the Spanish town of Salvaterra de Mino which is where the Napoleonic French army decided to cut and run (literally) during the Peninsula War discarding, it is alleged, their weapons en mass as they did so. So why are there absolutely no Napoleonic swords to be found here?!
Mark
Attached Images

Cuirassier is offline   Reply With Quote