View Single Post
Old 10th January 2006, 11:09 PM   #17
Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nechesh
Hi Mans. Thanks for more of you generously illustrated posts. Pictures help so much, though not quite as much as hands-on.
Hi Nechesh,

If you near from me, I will borrowing my keris and sending it to you. So, you can hands-on it all But, I think you has many collections too, didn't you ?

Indeed that too many Dapur on the Javanese Keris. At book with tittle Keris (Daya Magic - Manfaat - Tuah - Misteri) wrote that the dapur of Javanese keris made amount 819 kinds. Too much kinds, isn't it ? So that often can make us confused, included me .

Some Dapur has no name yet because not wrote at any literatures or Pakem of the Javanese keris. So, if we found the keris which has no Pakem, we called it as Kalawijan. But, many keris can be identified. Like the differences between Ron Teki with Kebo Teki or Mahesa Teki. "Kebo" is same with "Mahesa", mean Buffalo. Keris Kebo Teki and Ron Teki has the longer Gandik than usual keris. But Kebo Teki has no Kembang Kacang. In the other side, Ron Teki has Kembang Kacang on the Gandik.

Here I posted the pictures ;
1st : Kebo Teki / Mahesa Teki
2nd : Kebo Lajer / Mahesa Lajer
3th : Ron Teki
4th : Dhuwung
5th : Kebo Giri / Mahesa Kanthong
Attached Images

Mans is offline   Reply With Quote