View Single Post
Old 10th January 2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUIEBLADES
Mans
Are you saying these keris are actually that old 1300-1800 or just the style of keris that were made in the 19th century?
The short little blade with the Sumartran sheath looks to be an old patrem or women's keris.These are somewhat scarce.
On the knowledge of Javanese keris, any characteristics of the keris it self which used to estimating when the keris made and from where it came (Jawa = Tangguh). To estimate the Tangguh, we must known well about the features, the luks and some ricikans style, iron type and pamor work, also some features which shown region characteristics of the keris. Each of regions has self characteristics, this term called "Pasikutan".

Also, we will know and can distinguishing of each keris if we has very familiar with the keris or often seeing and holding many keris by our self.

So, I supposed that some of your keris is an old made from 1300-1800 as I said before. Not just the style of these keris. I tried to explain by the pictures . (Also see more detail pictures of Javanese keris at http://keris.fotopic.net).

About your Bangkinang Sumateran keris, it is not the Patrem because many Bangkinang keris made with the style like this one.

Mans.
Attached Images

Mans is offline   Reply With Quote