Thread: YOUNGER Keris
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2008, 04:07 PM   #13
ganjawulung

Default EXHIBITION -- at Bentara Budaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsteel
I understand there are keris exhibition and competition going on at Indonesia. Maybe Pak ganjawulung can show us some good pics. I received this picture from an email from Indonesian keris collectors and friends. I am very impressed by this new made betok.
Hi Newsteel,
I saw that betok with "pamor poleng" in the keris exhibition in Bentara Budaya, Jakarta on last August 12-16. Yes, it was made by Pak Pauzan Puspasukadgo, but owned by a Jakarta collector.

There were around 200 blades or more, exhibited in the main hall. Consists of 60 percent new era kerises, and 40 percent "reference" kerises (old kerises). But the "selling section" in two halls -- was a very special attraction too. There were more than 100 kerises "for sale" (some in normal prices, but many of them with higher prices than normal) -- in more than 16 selling tables...

Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos of kerises behind the glass boxes in the main exhibition halls (not for sale). But I took some snapshots on the "selling corner" as you may see in the pics below... (The bearded gentleman with white cap, is Mr Haryono Guritno -- the writer of "Keris Jawa" book).

Ganjawulung
Attached Images

ganjawulung is offline   Reply With Quote