View Single Post
Old 21st January 2021, 07:05 PM   #7
daggpil

Hello again,

I am on a business trip (believe it or not during this times) but I will provide pictures on inside of the lock and the trigger assembly as soon as gets home.

Meanwhile here are some pictures from a book by Bengt Lerviks from Finland. The depicted rifle hera are made by Johan Tarvonen and if I translate from Swedish "He was know for his ancient design of stock and lock"

My actual rifle is made by Leander Grönfors and he was trained in gunsmithing by Johan Tarvonen so they are almost identical.

I made contact with the author and bought all three books on this topic that he has published. I bought them directly from him for 60 euros.

The books are about hunting/seal hunting, life in general and of course the rifles and their makers. They are written in Swedish even though the author is from Finland.

For those of you that did not knew, Sweden and Finland were once one country for a span of 700 years, but we lost it to the russians in 1808. Therefor a quite big amount of Finns still speak Swedish especially in the coastal regions.
Attached Images

daggpil is offline   Reply With Quote