Thread: Research
View Single Post
Old 28th July 2015, 11:04 PM   #33
sirupate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Nordlunde
What does it mean to collect?

Does it mean to pile a lot of weapons together, asking others about them - age or place of origin, and doing nothing yourself?

Or does it mean to ask others, and at the same time research the items yourself?

Being on a forum will mean, that you will be willing to share, at least some of your reaserch with the other members.

Earlier - years ago - there was a lot of different researches shared, but lately it seems as if the questions are more commen - why is that?

Jens
Hi Jen, For me it is a mix of things, in the past not only collecting my specialty (kukri), but also going to the country origin on two specific researching trips in 2008 and 2009, whenever possible being taken around the museum's by the curator, and Nepalese historians, talking/communicating to British Gurkha Officers from WW2, Gurkhas from WW2 and Civilian Nepalese themselves, visiting the Museums in the country and being taken around by the curators, and museums in England especially the GM, where the then curator took me around giving me his insight into the kukri there, reading books and so on.
On subjects I don't know very much about and I can't afford to collect in any great quantity and travel to the country of origin for research, I rely on others, in terms of books, videos and forums like this to fill in the gaps.
All the best Simon

Last edited by sirupate; 29th July 2015 at 11:35 AM.
sirupate is offline   Reply With Quote