View Single Post
Old 17th July 2020, 02:44 PM   #16
manishkulkarni

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
There is a big difference between intentionally selling fakes and being terribly misinformed about what you are selling. The one thing i will say about the sellers is that they do not seem to specialize or even focus on Indo-persian edged weapons so their expertise in this genre of collecting has certainly not been established.
As has already been pointed out, this would be a very impractical weapon. If it looked like there was once a way to attach this to a shaft to be used as a spear that might make some sense, but as a hand weapon this would undoubtably be a failure in design.Though it appears to be well made i personally would lean towards late 20th century fantasy weapon. Sorry. It's not really a matter of the respectability of the sellers as much as simple observation and simple logic of how hand weapons work (or don't in this case) that lead me to this assessment.
All and David in particular, many thanks for your insight and understood - it still leaves me very disappointed if this is late 20th rather than late 19th as claimed by the dealer. Unfortunately the week's return warranty has passed so not much hope of asking a refund I guess...

Here're some more close-ups and I see absolutely no sign of a joint or this previously being mount atop a spear.
Attached Images

manishkulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote