View Single Post
Old 15th April 2010, 02:54 AM   #46
harimauhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimasalang
^^^
Glad you understand what I was getting at. Not that recent Balis from Batangas are all junk...It is just that you can start to see a decline. I still wouldn't mind owning any..even a junked one, I can fix myself.

Good luck with the shipment. I ordered a aluminum training bolo from Manila. Took a hell of a long time to reach me. I got it yesterday and it was opened by customs. Youll know it was held up when you see all the customs and homeland security tape.
Was your bolo sent by Regular Airmail or by EMS? I contacted the local post office and they said that the EMS package never even got here. Friday was a public holiday in the Philippines, and then the weekend, but my last EMS package from Manila got here in two working days. Some of the balisongs I had in the EMS package were very special. I sent a very lightweight bali with white bone inserts back. It was one of the two I first bought in January. I also sent back the one with the Eagle tang and the one with the exposed tip (called a busebuse, or circumcised penis, in Tagalog...lol). I also put in the 24 cm one with kamagong inserts (shaped to have 8 sides...forgot what it's called in Tagalog) and the double edged 24 cm with horse bone inserts. Three of those balis were in leather sheaths.

At least I got the kris, bolo and the new usa (stag) balisong back home safe.
Attached Images

harimauhk is offline   Reply With Quote