View Single Post
Old 21st February 2014, 07:08 AM   #144
AhmedH

Salaams to Ibrahiim, Vandoo, and to all!

I did not mean "Dhu'l-Faqar" in particular. I meant ALL ARAB SWORDS dating back to the early centuries of Islam. As I've said in the introduction of my composition regarding "Dhu'l-Faqar", I have given almost equal care and study for ALL the Arab swords that refer to the period 600 to 1258 CE.

Ibrahiim, thanks a lot for your very kind and encouraging words. But you have to understand that I'm relatively new to this forum, and I would feel as an intruder if I kept on making new threads. I would've wished that you, Iain, or any member here with very good knowledge on Arab swords to start new threads regarding that. This is why I've decided to wait for that, but unfortunately, nothing popped out till now; except for your great composition(s) regarding the Omani Battle Sword; although there aren't examples that date to the above-mentioned date (600- 1258 CE).

Had it never occurred that someone would come out with a new thread like: "Comparison between European and Islamic swords during the Crusades" or "The swords and armour of the warriors of the Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates" or anything of that sort?

I would very much like to hear your opinions...all of you. I would be glad if you came up with new ideas. Frankly, I believe that most -if not all- of you have new ideas regarding these topics.

That said, I find myself completely at the disposal of this great forum, and all its great members.

Best regards to all,
Ahmed Helal Hussein
AhmedH is offline   Reply With Quote