View Single Post
Old 20th February 2014, 02:12 PM   #142
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedH
Salaams all!

It seems that, in this site, there's little to no interest in the early medieval Arab swords. It's quite clear that the real interest is in more recent swords and other edged weapons that could be owned privately. I understand this well.

Nonetheless, if anyone is interested in information regarding swords or other weapons that date back to the early centuries of Islam, I'd be more than happy to send my help.

Best wishes to all!

-Ahmed Helal Hussein-
Salaams Ahmed.. Not so ! This is an ultra specialized subject Ahmed and we are lucky to have your input on this hugely important Iconic weapon... of equal importance to say the Sword Excalibur in Western parlance and utterly vital in Eastern terms being of such provenance.
As you know I am of the opinion that this is a classic and I feel certain it will be admitted to that hall of fame soon... I would ask you for some pictures so that they can also speak volumes for your thesis and so that members and others can see at a glance what is staring up at them ... This subject is not only of vital importance from the Islamic viewpoint but across the frontiers of sword research ... and such is its importance that the Topkapi will have to make a special room for it if they have not already done so!!

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote