View Single Post
Old 29th December 2013, 11:26 AM   #132
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedH
Salaams Ibrahiim!

Some said the inscriptions were Arabic, while one said it maybe Farsi. Here are the quotes:

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17934

There are numbers inscribed too! Please check!

As for the catalogue of the objects in the Doha Museum, are you sure they have ALL the objects in this catalogue? I mean, what about the items in the storerooms and such? Dr. Alexander told me that these objects were to be transferred to the Doha Museum...so please confirm.

Thanks a lot in advance, Sir!

-Ahmed Helal Hussein-
Salaams Ahmed .. Yes you are probably right ... The catalogue is really just a series of designer photographs with not a lot of detail and was done at the opening of the museum I think... Any later work entering the museum would, as you say, be put into their research department and or placed for conservation etc... I am not able to visit as its a very long haul by car and by plane but I will see if any friends are going that way...

I had a look at the inscription and yes I noted the numbers but couldnt read those. I also think its Farsi ... my accountant reads it as I put earlier but that may be incorrect... can you decipher the numbers?
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote