View Single Post
Old 28th December 2013, 10:14 AM   #128
AhmedH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams Ahmed.. I hope something will turn up ! ... You know what its like when the archeologists want absolute proof which means actually digging up a body with a sword in his hand!! Any excavated swords that do appear I will try to source... Hadramaut I suspect holds many clues on the old Omani Battle Sword (Sayf Yamaani)
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

PS..May I ask you to look at http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17934 as I need to check a translation on a sword.
Salaams Ibrahiim,

I did what I could do in order to read and receive help in reading the inscriptions of Charles's sword. These are mentioned in the thread you linked me to.

BTW, have you ever heard about those excavations undergone in Syria some six years ago? I remember back in July 2008, Dr. David Alexander was telling me about excavations done in Syria that resulted in the unearthing of arms and armor dating back to the Crusades and the Mamluk period. He told me these included mail armor, swords, crossbows, etc. If my memory would not betray me, he said that many of these items would go to the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha, Qatar. Do you have any idea about these excavations and their findings??

Thanks a lot in advance, Sir!

Ahmed Helal Hussein
AhmedH is offline   Reply With Quote