View Single Post
Old 24th February 2016, 06:41 PM   #95
mahratt

Our esteemed Ariel suddenly remembered that in addition to Bukhara existed Khiva Khanate and existed Kokand Khanate
And Ariel writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Sorry, I must have missed your post with Bukharan shashka with 3 rivets. Unless you refer to the heavily re-worked and modified one that is attributed by the Hermitage not to Bukhara, but to Khiva, with 7 rivets, that you yourself defined as an inappropriate example on a Russian forum. Moreover, the color of the rivets ( dark or bright) tells us nothing: as can be seen on my Bukharan shashkas ( thanks for the pics), their rivets are very shiny: it depends on the metal.
Please indicate the exact number of a post with this info.

On my picture, the handle with 3 big rivets belongs to the Afghani pseudoshashka. Nothing Bukharan.
I have to repeat my post to Ariel understood me (forgive me for my bad english).

In this topic, I showed a few Shashka of Bukhara with three rivets. And I think that this is enough. Now you insist that I show Bukhara shashkas with large rivets. Perhaps you began to doubt that the shashkas, which you have shown (with small rivets) from Bukhara?
Do not worry. This is a good shashkas. I even a little jealous of you.

Here is shashkas of which I speak. They have small rivets, but you wrote yourself, it's Bukhara shashkas. I'm sorry that I remind you of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
...whereas the two lower ones ( both Bukharan shashkas) with 5 small rivets...
Attached Images

mahratt is offline   Reply With Quote