View Single Post
Old 30th October 2014, 02:44 PM   #120
shadejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
No, I'm not implying I've seen blades attributed to him, I'm stating that I've seen blades attributed to him.
Good for you.

Quote:
The blades I have seen that were attributed to Pande Suardika were very simple mlumah pamors, not highly complex pamors like this one.
Several months ago (or probably last year) I saw one article mentioning him being commisioned to create a Pusaka for one of the Puris (Temples) in Bali. The Keris was indeed quite simple. I think the pamor that I saw was Pedaringan Kebak, a common pamor in my opinion.

Quote:
Additionally, Pande Suardika is known for his commitment to the creation of blades with a spiritual content, he is not known for creating blades as a commercial undertaking, but rather for creating blades intended for use as a pusaka. His blades are usually quite heavy, and he has a reputation for very detailed work.
You are right, Pande Made Gde Suardika doesn't have 'inventory'. I certainly consider the Keris that I showed you as Pusaka. But whether the Keris has spiritual content or not is a subjective matter. For me, I couldn't help to admire Bli Pande for his dedication and his disclipine in preserving the esoteric values in Keris-making. Moreover, I wouldn't know a thing about spiritual plane as I am not a spiritual nor religious person. But I don't deny the existence of other form of being that are unseen.

It is also quite interesting to realize once I got the Keris in my hand. The Keris seems to have darker blade compare to Javanese Kerises that I had which brings more contrast to its Pamor. It is without a doubt heavier than any Kerises that I have come across in my possesion and it could be for many reasons. But I do have a perspective that in general, Balinese Kerises tend to be stockier and heavier than Javanese Kerises. But anyone can dispute it as I have also seen a Balinese Keris that is small in size and comparable to Javanese Keris.

Thank you very much Alan and Jean for your appreciation. I am glad I can share this with you.
shadejoy is offline   Reply With Quote