Thread: Yatagan?
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2024, 06:36 PM   #7
gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar View Post
Well, you have right to disagree, books and especialy so called “experts” are most times wring, becouse they saw a litle bit of material and write on that presumption.
I said it is 1000% from kotor are becouse i am from kotor, i have in my family identical swords but in many times beter moznting and quality that are over 300 years old, all dated and tracked so i onow which master and workshop in kotor made them.
Straight sword with this kind of a blade, bone and this kind of ears or silver and no ears which are vay rearer, are 100000% koror, and risno made pala swords.
They vere newer named and called yatagana but pala.
Look in book fejsil čurćić staro oružje in bigger book there is small allso, it is old and expensive but maybe online, he is best author on subject of that kind of weapons.
Pozdrav.
thank you very much / hvala puno moj drug ! čurćić I know and have in my collection. Obviously there are questionable issues in books and museums. Just like Elgood "borrowed" his Balkan chapter from Đurđica Petrović (1927-2003) .
Last but not least I get quite some info from publications in "Wissenschaftliche Mitteilungen aus Bosnien und der Hercegowina" from 1893 till 1916
a German-language scholarly journal on the heritage of Bosnia and Herzegovina, published in Vienna by the Bosnian National Museum of Sarajevo.

as you are from Kotor; hope to meet you some day for a loza or two in Dobrota ( were I used to stay in the mid 80ies with my Crngorci brat / friend ) ! ☺☺☺

Last edited by gp; 21st January 2024 at 07:01 PM.
gp is offline   Reply With Quote