View Single Post
Old 17th November 2013, 03:23 PM   #24
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedH
Salaams all,

I just wanted to share this with all those who are interested in knowing the original Dhu'l-Faqar; the famous sword of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), that later on became the symbol of the Islamic Caliphate.

The sword is a Mashrafi (Yemeni War Sword); dating back to either the very late 6th century, or the early 7th century C.E. It is now preserved in Topkapi Museum; especially in the Sacred Treasures section, under inventory number 2/3775.

I will later on send the article, photos, and figures supporting my identification (which occurred in either late 2000, or early 2001). But first, I'd wish to know how you fancied the original Dhu'l-Faqar looked like, what its dimensions were, etc.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Salaams AhmedH, For reasons I cannot fathom I am unable to download any pictures and in particular I would like to see all 9 swords from the Topkapi and the subject sword; Dhu'l-Faqar. I think that once displayed the details should then be considered as classic material on Forum. ( Was it Rheinhardt himself who also prescribed pictures? )
This is indeed a thoroughly prepared delivery on the truth behind the myriad of accidental errors tripped over by experts and masters and shrouded in myth and legend now brought to life and identified in this research paper so amazingly well.
I therefor submit that this fine thread be placed on the Classic register.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote