View Single Post
Old 28th February 2016, 08:09 PM   #26
rickystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony PP
Hello, Looks like you have a bit of work to do but worth it I think. You wrote that the hammer screw held the hammer and tumbler , true but missing from that lock is the bridle that fits the other end of the tumbler. Held in place with screw where you have holes in the top of the lock plate and by another screw going through the trigger sear. Looks like somebody has shortened your sear screw when the bridle was lost/ broken. Have fun.
Hello again. The photo on the RIGHT is the lock from the gun originally posted above. The lock on the LEFT is a Trade lock that was likely mounted to an Afghan Jazail. This lock was missing it's trigger bar/sear and came from my parts bin.

Well, as it turned out, the tumbler, bridle, top bridle screw, and hammer screw from the Trade lock will retro-fit almost perfectly into the Algerian lock. Just luck. So that will make the repairs on the Algerian lock much simpler and less expensive. But still some work to do on it. But it's nice to get a good break every once in a while. LOL

I'll post an update when the lock is done.

Rick.
Attached Images

rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote