View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 09:17 AM   #9
Victrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCC_Guy
I actually saw your thread before I even posted this thread. I liked it.

I am opting to not cut the haft, even though it is not original. I don’t want to have to deal with repairing it. It is very long and a repair is more likely to break. This example is already in the U.S., and it is 2.92 meters, so I am paying a lot for transport.

I shipped four uncut polearms from Italy for less than this one polearm!
Yes a word of warning on this. I paid several hundred USD for transport of a halberd from Austria to Sweden. The transport cost almost as much as the item itself. If it hadn’t been for the pandemic I would have traveled down there myself to bring it home!

It was packed in a 3m long solid wooden crate by the packing company even though the haft is not original which was pointed out to them. I think the package weighted 40kg and I could only lift one end and drag it on the ground. I needed a special L shaped tool to remove the special screws manually to open the crate. Luckily I managed to open one end to pull out the halberd from the crate. Then I had to dispose of the crate which took some thinking as I live in central Stockholm.

How did the Italians package the polearms?
Victrix is offline   Reply With Quote