View Single Post
Old 29th December 2013, 04:36 PM   #134
AhmedH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
Salaams Ahmed .. Yes you are probably right ... The catalogue is really just a series of designer photographs with not a lot of detail and was done at the opening of the museum I think... Any later work entering the museum would, as you say, be put into their research department and or placed for conservation etc... I am not able to visit as its a very long haul by car and by plane but I will see if any friends are going that way...

I had a look at the inscription and yes I noted the numbers but couldnt read those. I also think its Farsi ... my accountant reads it as I put earlier but that may be incorrect... can you decipher the numbers?
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Salaams Ibrahiim!

Thanks a lot for the info regarding the Doha Museum and the possibility of its storerooms containing arms and armor dating back to the Crusades and the Ayyubids and Mamluks.

Sorrowfully, I'm unable to decipher the numbers. WOW! These inscriptions are harder to define and read far more than those on Dhu'l-Faqar! So your accountant was unable to read the "Farsi" inscriptions? Then these inscriptions are not Farsi, I suggest.

Please forgive me, Ibrahiim, but I'm doing what I could possibly do regarding reading these inscriptions. Please forgive me for my limitations, buddy!

Yours faithfully,
Ahmed Helal Hussein
AhmedH is offline   Reply With Quote