View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 05:42 PM   #7
rickystl

Thanks for the posts and comments.

Hi Stu: That is a very informative short history of the Kariophili musket. Thank you !!
I remember when you first received yours and posted here. It's a very nice, clean example. I remember drooling over it when I first viewed it. It's nice to see one with a trigger guard as many were built without them. Most I've seen do not have the guard, and your's was obviously built with one from the beginning.

Hi Norman. I remember you first posting yours some years back. I especially remember you latter finding that letter with some providence rolled up in the barrel. Talk about added value to the gun !!!

Speaking of values. Have any of you noticed the Greek and Caucasian guns "generally" bring higher prices that other Eastern market guns and accessories ?

The more I look at the barrel on mine, the more Persian or Ottoman it looks. The gold writing looks Arabic to me. Possibly the re-use of an older barrel (?) which would not be uncommon.
One other curiosity is that hole in the rear of the lock plate. Hmmm. Maybe when I remove the lock for cleaning I'll get a clue.

Yes, hopefully someone can translate the writings on the barrel. That could solve part of that mystery.

Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote