View Single Post
Old 27th August 2017, 07:50 PM   #59
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Nugent
I must say, I do love this Keris forum but am a little overwhelmed with this thread. I've been back to this thread so many times in the past week/s with the intention to write something I thought might be of some worth and then keep wondering, do I contribute or not? Not through lack of wanting to share, but in essence trying to understand if what limited input I can offer, am I on the right path? Does my subject matter have relevance or not? The quandary because the thread has some very deep elements to it and some very perplexing points have been raised.

By noting that I have OLD Java, Sumatra and North Malay blades with what I take to be the features in question, does this help, or is it only those from Java/Bali which are relevant to the conversation/context?

Gavin
Well Gavin, i think that if you have keris from outside the Jawa/Bali nexus that you think have this feature (with all respects to Gustav i have trouble referring to it as "Gustav's Element" ) i think it would be interesting to see them, especially considering that the general thought here seems to be that the understanding of the ron dha's true meaning and the "reading" of the greneng was lost in the keris' transition to Islam. Let's see what you have.
David is offline   Reply With Quote