View Single Post
Old 27th February 2024, 07:21 PM   #9
A. G. Maisey

The word "lapak" is Javanese, it carries the meaning of "saddle" in the Ngoko level of this language; the Krama Inggil level is "kambil".

I am not inclined to give this motif shown as Batu Lapak, BL is not a full circle, it is like this pamor but has a part of the circle of swirls cut off to produce a flat base that ends at the blade base. In many, if not all, examples of BL that I have seen the BL has been produced by the pesi being welded to the body of the blade.

I would give this present pamor as Kul Buntet, this pamor is not encountered as often as BL, it is regarded by most people as being a more esoterically powerful pamor and of higher status.

The esoteric value of KB is taken to be the same as BL, but more powerful, these values are that those who carry this pamor will become powerful & rich, they will have a great number of beautiful women & they will live in a peaceful home. It is a royal pamor and should be treated as having the nature of a pusaka.

All this esoteric value relates to KB being located in a Javanese keris, I do not know the esoteric value if it is found in anything other than a Javanese keris.

So --- congratulations Detlef, you might be about to become incredibly wealthy and have more women than you know what to do with.

Last edited by A. G. Maisey; 28th February 2024 at 01:53 AM. Reason: typo
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote