View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2009, 05:54 PM   #21
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

Hi Michael,
Thanks a lot for your (too) kind words .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
Now that's one talented restorer!
I like it, Fernando, I like it a lot!
While I have come to accept and preserve fragments the way they are I have to admit that your solution adds a lot to a conception of how the complete piece would have looked like originally...
You know, i am not a replica guy, nor do i embark into complex reconstructions; searching for (local ordinary) people willing to do the job, is a very hard or even unthinkable task . In the least they take their time to be done and, by character, i only understand things that can be immediately achieved. But this thing of the cannons gave me a feeling that i could (and should) do it. I couldn't beleive it when both carpenter and smith accepted my 'order' for the project; couldn't less beleive it when they accepted it for the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
...Btw, would you consider reconstructing a breech loading cannon if you had an original breech?
Michael
Much to complex a job for a country mini collector; if breeches come by, i guess i will be glad to make a little stand for them . Then i wait till i win the jackpot and i'll buy the respective cannon .
Fernando
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote