View Single Post
Old 30th October 2019, 07:47 PM   #13
La Pagaru

Default Makassar's Bugis tribe is famous as brave sailors

Makassar's Bugis tribe is famous as brave sailors from ancient times until now. As sailors who often 'mingle' and are familiar with the wind and ocean waves, the dynamic nature of the waves that always move does not want to calm down, affecting the soul and character of the Makassar Bugis people. This is then reflected in the saying, poetry or rhymes related to the state of the sea, which then reflects the shadow of the character or nature of the two tribes. Example of a poem:
Takunjunga 'banguru turu' 'Nakugunciri' 'roll Kualleangna talaanga natolia
Meaning: "I don't just follow the direction of the wind, and don't just turn my steering wheel. I would rather sink than go back. "That is, if steps have been swung, abstaining from low tide - rather sinking - than returning empty-handed.
So these two tribes have hearts that are so hard. But, is that right? On the contrary, the Makassar Bugis have a smooth and soft heart. From the explanation above, it appears that these two ethnic groups use their feelings more than their thoughts. He feels faster. So subtle is the feeling that it is only a small matter in how words come out during a conversation, can cause another impression on his feelings, which can cause misunderstandings.
But, if we have known his soul and character or customs, then we are dealing with a friendly, polite people, even if necessary he is willing to spend all his heart - even his soul - to us.
La Pagaru is offline   Reply With Quote