View Single Post
Old 16th December 2009, 10:01 AM   #22
Gavin Nugent

Default Current listing

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I find it really interesting that this first sundang posted here is currently being sold on eBay simply called KERIS SUNDANG LUK 3 KRIS MORO with no explanation that it is a brand new blade made in Madura. The title even dares to imply that the piece is actually Moro.
This seems passively deceptive at best and i can't help but feel that this forum was in some ways pumped for information on how to make this deception finer. This doesn't please me one bit Brekele and i'm not done with this yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brekele
Hi Rick, I was not thinking about context of the pamor and moro peoples, but more in the talent of the young pande for making new style of the keris, skill and his art work.

I don't know if the listing has been edited David but it does say made in Indonesia???
Passive deception...maybe...maybe not...maybe just a use of key words?
I don't really see a deception, only an exhibition of 4 different style for the forum to view, all made by a local young artisan, obviously they can't be eaten so offering the artwork seems practical...I don't see any information being bled from anyone with leading or probing questions....
What the real issue would be is an open discussion on a currently advertised item and the discussion remains open???......just my impartial 2 cents worth...

Gav