View Single Post
Old 9th February 2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Iain

Default Looking for feedback on an online takouba catalog

Hi Guys,

Some of you may be familiar with the website I run for takouba. Up until now the swords displayed there were organized by the date they were added on a static page. I've always wanted to do something a little more dynamic with the over 50 pieces on display - the current site isn't very useful for finding specific pieces or pieces that fall into the same sort of categories.

Recently I've been working on a catalog system with a database and flexible categories so the swords can be sorted by major parameters. Right now that's ethnic group, blade type, hilt type and blade markings.

Its not 100% complete and not all the swords are migrated yet to the new system, but I thought I'd give a preview here and ask for feedback on what could be useful to fellow collectors when they are using the site.

You can find it here: http://takouba.org/catalog

The system is something I built off a free shopping cart system, if anyone else is interested in using it as a catalog for their own collections, just send me a PM and I'd be happy to share the modifications I made
Iain is offline   Reply With Quote