View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:52 PM   #21
mariusgmioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
I am not talking about the cold weapons presented here above to be Albanian, which do look to me like originating from Irak, Kurdistan, parts of Turkey close to the previous two.
But the whole discussion was about the so called "Albanian" dagger presented above and other typically Turkish weapons that are attributed to Greece or the Balkans without any, but anecdotal evidence!

And yes, I know the Illyrian weapons, as I know about the Dacian and the Celtic ones too. But these were produced and used more than 1000 (one thousand) years before the period I was referring to.
And yes, there is much historical and archeological evidence attesting that the ancient populations of the Balkans made and used their own weapons like the sica, the falx or the rhomphaia, but this is not the period I was referring to!
And betwen the period you are referring to and the period I was referring to, there were the so called "Dark Ages," a period of hundreds of years of social, economic and intellectual decline.

So, once again, I was not referring to the period of antiquity, but that of the late Middle Ages and early Renaissance before the Ottoman conquest.

Last edited by mariusgmioc; 22nd August 2023 at 10:18 PM.
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote