View Single Post
Old 12th October 2007, 12:54 AM   #20
Tomb22

Thanks Jim for the kind words. I am just grateful to be here and be able to soak up the knowledge that is here. I am going to let the serrated thoughts go until I can look at some more discussion. I appreciate the concept of the martial arts folks actually using these kinds of blades in different ways to determine their functionality and effectiveness.

The 'Important potential" seems exciting. Am cautiously looking forward to more thoughts, discussion and information. I did go look up Tipu Sultan. He seemed like a fairly benevolent ruler. I was impressed with the quality of the sword that was auctioned through Southeby's around 2005/2006. That was a really beautiful piece.

Thanks for the points about "ricasso" etc.. My excitement for this forum continues to grow - for an information junkie like me.

I like the "Tiger" allegory. I will upload a few more pictures I was able to take with my daughter's camera. Still not exactly like I want but a little better for detail. The tiger is on both sides of course, and on one side the mouth is open, ready to bite. On the other side, the mouth is firmly attached to the rump of the dear.

I am still learning how to use the forum software for replys etc., I don't know where this will end up in the chain as I replied to one of your earlier posts. So, just to make sure that they don't get overlooked, I will upload the pictures with the last post. I will send this one now to experiment.

Thanks again for your comments and thoughts.
Regards
Tom
Tomb22 is offline   Reply With Quote